[OpenSER-Users] no-answer timeout

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Feb 23 20:40:51 CET 2008

El Sábado, 23 de Febrero de 2008, Mark Sayer escribió:
> Actually the original question was simply trying
> to control the length of time that caller had to
> wait before being transferred to voicemail. I have now tried setting:
>
> modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 10)
>
> but the phone still rings for a full 60 seconds.
> The docs for 1.2 state that the default is 30 seconds. Any more ideas.
> Mark

No, for get that behaviour you need to add:

  modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 10)
  modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 20)
  modparam("tm", "noisy_ctimer", 1)

If the callee rings then the transaction will be in memory (of OpenSer) for 20
seconds. After 20 seconds OpenSer will generate a 408 for caller and CANCEL
for called.

In case there is a transport error or UAS connection error there won't be a
100 Trying from the callee so OpenSer just will wait 10 seconds until he
discards the transaction data.

But if you don't set the noisy_timer then OpenSer won't send a CANCEL and 408.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo