[OpenSER-Users] no-answer timeout

Anatoly Pidruchny apidruchny at newxt.com
Sat Feb 23 16:26:55 CET 2008

Hi,

I think the original question was not about generating CANCEL (to the
callee) or not. It was about the length of the timer. Please read the
description of the ft_timer timeout. After INVITE is sent to the callee,
only ft_timer is set. When a provisional response is received (1xx) then
fr_timer is removed and fr_inv_timer is set. The default value for the
fr_timer is 60 seconds. This is why you are getting the timeout of 60
seconds no matter what value for the fr_inv_timeout you set.

By the way, the "408 Request Timeout" reply to the caller is always
generated when one of the timers expires, it does not matter if
noisy_ctimer parameter is set or not.

Regards,
Anatoly.