[OpenSER-Users] Authentication credentials cache

JB74 jbarry74 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 23:56:34 CET 2008

Hello all,

Thank you for your responses.

Indeed, I was thinking about a caching mechanisms similar to the one used in
IMS, as Klaus described in the previous post.

If I store in a memory structure the authentication credentials (i.e. user
and password) following some cache policy, I could use this structure to
check if the user exists and check his/her identity without having to
contact a remote database/radius server (where network latency typically is
a bottleneck). If the user credentials are not in the cache, then OpenSER
will contact the database/radius server to authenticate the user (normal
procedure).

Maybe I am oversimplifying the problem. Could you help me to understand
better why this is not possible?

Thanks,
JB