[OpenSER-Users] openser 1.3.0 and presence module

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Tue Feb 19 13:10:29 CET 2008

Hi Sigrid,

First, a Notify with no body is sent in two cases:
1. the status of the subscription is 'pending' or 'rejected'
2. the server has no published information made by the user the
subscription is addressed to (for example, if a user subscribes to 5,
from which only one is registered at the time, he will receive Notifies
with no body for the other four ) .

Second, the presence server works by default in a cache mode with
periodical updated in database. If a fallback to database is desired for
any storing or querying operation, then the "fallback2db" parameter
should be set. It useful only in the case of using more presence servers
that share the same database. In this situation it is possible not to
have a required info in cache, but it might have been processed by
another server and might be present in database.
I think it is a wrong observation that there are no more Notifies with
no body if this parameter is set. The real determinant factor is whether
the buddies have issued a Publish before the Subscription arrives at the
server.
But, if you do see a record in 'presentity' table for a user and a
corresponding Notify, having in its From header the uri of the
presentity, with no body, then there might be a bug there.
I have to mention that I have tested this scenario right now and it
works for me.

Regards,
Anca Vamanu