[OpenSER-Users] UAC tries to register after UAC WAN out but re-registration unsuccessful

Raju Abhyankar kf6rzt at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 06:40:30 CET 2008

Hi,

I have setup openser-1.1.1-tls and using it along with
Mediaproxy. I have several clients (UAC) which are
Grandstream HT486 rev2.0. All clients are behind
consumer grade routers such as Linksys, Dlink etc. Few
of our clients are over seas and they do see:

1. Frequent power outages
2. ADSL (WAN) link drops at client end

Now what we see for item 1, there is no issue, usually
power goes off to ADSL modem, router and UAC and it
all come back up nicely.

For item 2 we see that we can see when WAN goes out
and comes back with a diff WAN IP (ADSL):
A. UAC sends register request to openser
B. openser says "Trying 100"
C. Then openser challenges the client with a 401
unauthorized
D. After some time UAC resends Register request

and this goes on and on and on...till we ask some one
to power the UAC (only) off and power it back on.

Is there a way to get around this issue? I am using
the following Register sequence in openser:
  #
  # REGISTER Message Handler
  #
  sl_send_reply("100", "Trying");