[OpenSER-Users] ERROR: couldn't open sequence file /var/run/radius.seq

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed Feb 13 14:33:40 CET 2008

I see this issue in syslog:

----------------
openser: rc_get_seqnbr: couldn't open sequence file /var/run/radius.seq:
Permission denied
---------------

The problem is that OpenSer run with "openser" user who has not write access
to /var/run. If I change permissions to /var/run the the message doesn't
appear.

Anyway I'd prefer not to modify permissions and owner of a system directory
as /var/run.

- How important is that "radius.seq" file?
- Is not possible to configure OpenSer to write it in /tmp (for example)?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es