[OpenSER-Users] TM-module and ACK to 2xx (doesnt terminate txn?)

Taisto Qvist taisto.qvist at ip-solutions.se
Tue Feb 12 12:18:15 CET 2008

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble with my ACK's on 2xx, and reading about the TM-module,
it says for *t_check_trans()* :

*ACK request - *true if the ACK is a local end-to-end ACK for an
existent INVITE transaction.

To me, that sounds like a contradiction in terms, since there is
(rfc-wise) no transaction left after
2xx has been proxied through, and the ACK starts coming in(because of
record-routing).
(and my script's ACK-logic for consuming ACK for 3++ also eats the ACK
for 2xx :-( )

Does the TM module not follow the rfc-described termination of invite-txn's?

Then how long does the transaction live after 2xx has been forwarded?
How come its implemented this way?

If this is so, then how do I differentiate between an end-to-end ACK for
2xx, and a 3++
hop-by-hop ACK?
I have to use flags and stuff? (Havent got that far yet in my openser
understanding...)

Regards
Taisto Qvist
Ip-Solutions.se