[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] Implemented RFCs

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Fri Feb 8 13:20:00 CET 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 13:08:40 Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Victor Pascual Ávila schrieb:
> > Jerome,
> >
> > On Feb 7, 2008 7:05 PM, Jerome Martin <jmartin at longphone.fr> wrote:
> >> I would say such a document would be terribly difficult to write as RFC
> >> conformance also depends a lot on what you do in the configuration
> >> scripts ...
> >
> > Yes, you are right. But actually could be listed which RFCs may be
> > supported by a given version.
>
> That's really difficult. Openser is a proxy. E.g. RFC 2976, the INFO
> method. Openser is a proxy, thus it can forward all kind of SIP
> requests. Not only INFO, but also FOOBAR, CHICKEN and so on.
>
> Thus, there is no line of code inside openser to deal with INFO. Thus,
> is INFO now supported or not?

Such a RFC shouldn't appear as supported by OpenSer, the same for REFER,
MESSAGE... related RFC's.

But there are other RFC's more related to proxy figure. For example, RFC 3326
(Reason Header) could be implemented in a proxy, take a look to my suggestion
as feature request:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1875757&group_id=139143&atid=743023

Also note that OpenSer is not just a SIP proxy, but a registrar, redirect,
location, presence... server. For example, as presence server OpenSer acts as
an UAS so probably it suppors lots of RFC's.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es