[OpenSER-Users] MSILO back notify not working

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Feb 5 21:02:48 CET 2008

El Martes, 5 de Febrero de 2008, Juha Heinanen escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>  > Because it's the only way that any UAC will show the notification to
>  > its user.
>
> in my opinion it is UA's problem if it does not distinguish between 200
> and 202 replies

Hi Juha, let me knowif I understand the expected behaviour according to some
RFC's:

RFC3428 (MESSAGE) says:

   "If the UAC receives a 202 Accepted response, the message
   has been delivered to a gateway, store and forward server, or some
   other service that may eventually deliver the message.  In this case,
   the UAC MUST NOT assume the message has been delivered to the final
   destination."

  "A UAS which is, in fact, a message relay, storing the message and
   forwarding it later on, or forwarding it into a non-SIP domain,
   SHOULD return a 202 (Accepted) [5] response indicating that the
   message was accepted, but end to end delivery has not been
   guaranteed."

[5] is RFC 3265 (Specific Event Notification)

RFC 3265 says:

    "7.3.1. "202 Accepted" Response Code

   The 202 response is added to the "Success" header field definition.
   "202 Accepted" has the same meaning as that defined in HTTP/1.1 [3]."

So I understand that a server responding "202 Accepted" could/should include
a "Success" header with the description (maybe "User Offline, message
stored"). Is it?

Anyway I think the behavior is not very clearly explained (reading two RFC's
is required for something so simple...), so I understand that is not well
implemented in most UACs.

Anyway, do you know any UAC notifing the user when a 202 is received with the
reply code description or "Success" header?

> , i.e., i don't see any need to change msilo module.

Neither me because... msilo does already do what I want !!! XDDD
Read the reply of Daniel in this thread, it was a bug since 2 years that he
has fixed today and I confirm it works ;)

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo