[OpenSER-Users] MSILO back notify not working

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Feb 5 10:37:19 CET 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 10:08:16 Dan-Cristian Bogos wrote:
> Iñaki,
>
> it looks like I have misunderstood your problem.
>
> I was speaking about "202 Accepted" confirmation and not a new MESSAGE.

Yes, that was what I meant ;)

> Why would you need a new message?

Because it's the only way that any UAC will show the notification to its user.
For example:

- If X-Lite sends a MESSAGE and it's stored and replied by proxy with "202
Accepted" then XLite UI will show nothing to the user, but message correctly
received by destination, so he will think that the destinaiton is ireceiving
him messages but ignoring them.

- If the message is stored and proxy replies "404 User Not Found, MEssage
Stored" then XLite will just show in the UI: "404 User is not online".

- Twinkle will not show the code description for a 202, but it will do it in a
negative reply (404 for example), but Twinkle IM is not very advanced yet in
usability terms.

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo