[OpenSER-Users] Not able to connect Application Server to the SEAS module of OpenSER.

Rajat Dudeja rajat.dudeja at tcs.com
Fri Feb 1 13:05:35 CET 2008

Hi Folks,

My openser is running on SCTP. I'm using SEAS module. I am using a simple
client socket (TCP Socket) program as Application Server(AS) to connect to
SEAS module.

As is written to connect to port 5080 of server. But it does not connect as
is evident from the line (openser' console log):

Feb  1 17:30:47 [12031475] INFO:seas:dispatcher_main_loop: polling [2
ServSock] [1 pipe] [0 App Servers] [0 Uncomplete AS]

I'm sending a REGISTER message from a SCTP Client to OpenSER on port 5070.
I'm expecting the same REGISTER to be passed to the AS.

I'm using the following openser.cfg file :

####### Global Parameters #########

#debug=3
#log_stderror=no
log_facility=LOG_LOCAL0

fork=yes
children=1

dns=no
/* uncomment the following lines to enable debugging */
debug=9
#fork=no
log_stderror=yes

/* uncomment the next line to disable TCP (default on) */
#disable_tcp=yes

/* uncomment the next line to enable the auto temporary blacklisting of
   not available destinations (default disabled) */
#disable_dns_blacklist=no

/* uncomment the next line to enable IPv6 lookup after IPv4 dns
   lookup failures (default disabled) */
#dns_try_ipv6=yes

/* uncomment the next line to disable the auto discovery of local aliases
   based on revers DNS on IPs (default on) */
#auto_aliases=no

/* uncomment the following lines to enable TLS support  (default off) */
#disable_tls = no
#listen = tls:your_IP:5061
#tls_verify_server = 1
#tls_verify_client = 1
#tls_require_client_certificate = 0
#tls_method = TLSv1
#tls_certificate = "//etc/openser/tls/user/user-cert.pem"
#tls_private_key = "//etc/openser/tls/user/user-privkey.pem"
#tls_ca_list = "//etc/openser/tls/user/user-calist.pem"

#port=5060

/* uncomment and configure the following line if you want openser to
   bind on a specific interface/port/proto (default bind on all available)
*/
listen=SCTP:157.227.110.27:5070

####### Modules Section ########
#set module path
#mpath="//lib/openser/modules/"
mpath="/home/ops/openser/lib/openser/modules/"

loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "tm.so"
loadmodule "rr.so"
loadmodule "maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "usrloc.so"
loadmodule "registrar.so"
loadmodule "textops.so"
loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
loadmodule "uri_db.so"
loadmodule "uri.so"
loadmodule "xlog.so"
loadmodule "acc.so"

#Rajat-Jiten added 01.02.08
loadmodule "seas.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

#Rajat-Jiten added 01.02.08
# ----- seas params -----
modparam("seas", "listen_sockets","157.227.110.27:5080")
# ----- mi_fifo params -----
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/abc/openser_fifo")
# ----- rr params -----
# add value to ;lr param to cope with most of the UAs
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)
# do not append from tag to the RR (no need for this script)
modparam("rr", "append_fromtag", 0)

# ----- rr params -----
modparam("registrar", "method_filtering", 1)
# ----- uri_db params -----
/* by default we disable the DB support in the module as we do not need it
   in this configuration */
modparam("uri_db", "use_uri_table", 0)
modparam("uri_db", "db_url", "")
# ----- acc params -----
/* what sepcial events should be accounted ? */
modparam("acc", "early_media", 1)
modparam("acc", "report_ack", 1)
modparam("acc", "report_cancels", 1)
/* by default ww do not adjust the direct of the sequential requests.
   if you enable this parameter, be sure the enable "append_fromtag"
   in "rr" module */
modparam("acc", "detect_direction", 0)
/* account triggers (flags) */
modparam("acc", "failed_transaction_flag", 3)
modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", 2)
/* uncomment the following lines to enable DB accounting also */
modparam("acc", "db_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "db_missed_flag", 2)

# ----- usrloc params -----
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

# ----- auth_db params -----
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable the DB based
   authentication */
#modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
#modparam("auth_db", "db_url",
#     "mysql://openser:openserrw@192.168.1.3/openser_1_3")
#modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "")

# ----- alias_db params -----
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable the DB based
   aliases */
#modparam("alias_db", "db_url",
#     "mysql://openser:openserrw@192.168.1.3/openser_1_3")

# ----- domain params -----
/* uncomment the following lines to enable multi-domain detection
   support */
#modparam("domain", "db_url",
#     "mysql://openser:openserrw@192.168.1.3/openser_1_3")
#modparam("domain", "db_mode", 1)   # Use caching

# ----- multi-module params -----
/* uncomment the following line if you want to enable multi-domain support
   in the modules (dafault off) */
#modparam("alias_db|auth_db|usrloc|uri_db", "use_domain", 1)

# ----- presence params -----
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable presence */
#modparam("presence|presence_xml", "db_url",
#     "mysql://openser:openserrw@192.168.1.3/openser_1_3")
#modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)
#modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:192.168.1.2:5060")

####### Routing Logic ########

route{
                if(!as_relay_t("app_server")){
                        t_reply("500","Application Server error");
                }

}

and any attachments. Thank you