[Kamailio-Users] Accounting: How to avoid a fraudulent BYE with lower CSeq?

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Thu Dec 18 15:14:41 CET 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, first of all I'm sorry for this cross-posting, but I think it
> could be interesting for any SIP proxy with accounting capabilities.

> But I think this is too complex, isn't it?
It is complex, but not impossible.

I think is is feasable to do accounting on the proxy _IF_ you can trust your
gateways and make use of that trust.

Start accounting on receipt of a 200 OK on an INVITE request.

Stop accounting:
1) On 200 OK (or maybe 481 or other response) from the gateway in response to
a BYE.
2) On BYE from the gateway

--
Greetings,