[Kamailio-Users] Kamalio Support for RFC 3323 " Privacy"

ingdavidcespedes at cable.net.co ingdavidcespedes at cable.net.co
Thu Dec 11 23:19:28 CET 2008

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>
Fecha: Jueves, Diciembre 11, 2008 4:52 pm
Asunto: Re: [Kamailio-Users] Kamalio Support for RFC 3323 " Privacy"

> El Jueves, 11 de Diciembre de 2008, ingdavidcespedes at cable.net.co
> escribió:> SORRYYYYYYY, you were right. What i'm trying to say is
> that if the UA
> > insert the p-p-i and privacy headers, the proxy should understand
> this and
> > do what I say above.
>
> The user sends the request with:
>  From: Anonymous <sip:anonymous at XXXXXx>
>  P-Preferred-Identity: <sip:alice at domain.com>
>  Privacy: id
>
> Then the proxy knows who is by checking PPI header and could ask
> for
> credentiales. After it, the proxy would remove PPI before routing
> the
> request.
>
> If the proxy sends the request to a trusted node, it could add PAI
> header:  P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:alice at domain.com>
>  Privacy: id
>
> And the next element would remove it if it routes to an untrusted
> node/endpoint.

Agree with all that you say. Only that the "P-Preferred-Identity:" is optional. If it is not present, the proxy should add a predefined  P-Asserted-Identity: header field, if it is going to send the request to a trusted node.

But as you can see, this implies different possible cases. So it would be very nice if we can do all of this using some module or something like that, don't you think so?