[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Kamailio 1.4.2 : Weird Retransmission

Tue Dec 9 19:28:25 CET 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> On 12/09/08 17:56, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Can it be related to other modules which register callbacks (e.g. pua
>> module or Aurelien's module?
>>
> what is the requests/second rate when the issue appears?

in my case just a single INVITE transaction which triggers sending of
PUBLISH via dialog module callbacks.

> At first look, between sending and setting retransmission timer, there
> is no much processing for the request. The callback executed there is in
> use by siptrace, are you using this module?

no. in my case the pua_dialoginfo module registers the callbacks from
dialog module.

     tm    dialog     pua_dialoginfo    pua
---->|         |             |          |
INV  |         |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
<----|         |             |          |
100  |         |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
   t_relay      |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
<----|         |             |          |
INVI |         |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
      |--cb---->|             |          |
      |         |-----cb----->|          |
      |         |             |-pua api->|
      |         |             |          |
      |<--use tm to send publish---------|
      |         |             |          |
<--- |         |             |          |
PUBL |         |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
---->|    A)   |             |          |
PUBL |         |             |          |
200  |         |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
      |         |             |          |
     set  B)    |             |          |
   retransmit   |             |          |
   timer for    |             |          |
   PUBLISH      |             |          |

The problem is similar to Aurelien's problem: The answer to the PUBLISH
was received and processed faster (A) then the PUBLISH sending was
finished and retransmission timer are set (B).

regards
klaus