[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio 1.4.1 fails at startup

Arturo Díaz Almagro arturo.diaz.almagro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:34:58 CET 2008

Hello all,

I am defining a little script for Kamailio working as a simple forwarder
(doing some simple tasks sometimes). I have to use an static database with
few rows of PDT data so I decided to use a text database via db_text module.
The scripts seems to ok because I do not get any error message from start up
logging but kamailio processes are not there!! Moreover, I am not making use
of the functions in the script, only initialization!!

I am using kamailio-1.4.1-notls and these are the script lines defining the
initialization of those modules.

Thanks a lot.

####### Global Parameters
#########

debug=3

log_stderror=no

fork=yes

children=7
#KAMAILIO_CHILDREN

/* uncomment the next line to disable TCP (default on)
*/

disable_tcp=yes

/* uncomment the next line to enable the auto temporary blacklisting
of
   not available destinations (default disabled)
*/

#disable_dns_blacklist=no

/* uncomment the next line to enable IPv6 lookup after IPv4
dns
   lookup failures (default disabled)
*/

#dns_try_ipv6=yes

/* uncomment the next line to disable the auto discovery of local
aliases
   based on revers DNS on IPs (default on)
*/

#auto_aliases=no

/* uncomment and configure the following line if you want Kamailio
   bind on a specific interface/port/proto (default bind on all available)
*/
listen=udp:172.16.10.1:5060#KAMAILIO_PROTO:KAMAILIO_IP:KAMAILIO_PORT

port=5060
#KAMAILIO_PORT

/* domain alias for the host
*/

alias=domain1.com #KAMAILIO_DOMAIN # global
domain

alias=domain2.com

####### Modules Section
########

#set module
path

mpath="//lib/kamailio/modules/"

loadmodule
"db_text.so"

loadmodule
"sl.so"

loadmodule
"tm.so"

loadmodule
"rr.so"

loadmodule
"maxfwd.so"

loadmodule
"textops.so"

loadmodule
"mi_fifo.so"

loadmodule
"uri.so"

loadmodule
"xlog.so"

loadmodule
"path.so"

loadmodule
"pdt.so"

loadmodule
"avpops.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters
---------------

modparam("pdt|avpops", "db_url",
"text:///tmp/kamailio_db")

# ----- mi_fifo params
-----

modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
"/tmp/kamailio_fifo")

# ----- rr params
-----

# add value to ;lr param to cope with most of the
UAs

modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr",
1)

# do not append from tag to the RR (no need for this
script)

#modparam("rr", "append_fromtag",
0)

# ----- path params