[Kamailio-Users] Thomson ST2030 SIP contact problem

Mon Dec 1 13:28:12 CET 2008

Hi Samuel!

The INVITE sent from Kamailio to Thomson phone does not trigger any
response. There are various possible reasons:

1. INVITE is ignored by Thomson phone
2. INVITE does not make it thorugh to the Thomson phone
  2.1 either sent to the wrong port
  2.2 or the NAT binding time out, thus NAT does not forward correctly

Thus, verify if the INVITE is received by the NAT device and forwarded
to the Thomson phone (e.g. putting a hub between the NAT router and the
phone). REGISTER with the Thomson phone and then immediately after call
it (linksys->thomson) - this should work as the binding should be alive
just after the registration.

The problem could also be caused by a buggy NAT router or VPN client or
firewall ALGs.

To further debug this issue you could also try the Thomson phone with
another VoIP service (e.g. iptel.org or ekiga.net) or try the Thomson
phone from another access (e.g. try it at home bypassing your company
FW/NAT).

You could also try to avoid port 5060, e.g. Put the proxy on port 5678
and also use other ports locally for the SIP clients. SIP ALGs
(application level gateways) usually are triggered by port 5060.

regards
klaus