[Kamailio-Users] AVP to store user contact information

Vadim Berezniker VadimB at nbsvoice.com
Tue Aug 26 17:47:26 CEST 2008

I don't believe it would help in my case as I need it for a different
purpose.

Problem is you can't always share registration between PBXs. For example
Asterisk doesn't support it.
So if you want to reach a UA on a PBX where it's not registered, one
possibility is to route the call through kamailio which knows where all
the UAs are.
I realize that's it's a limitation of the PBXs, but this is something
that could certainly be addressed in kamailio until PBXs catch up.

Of course you do not want to store the information until an OK is
received for the registration.
Also the expiration in the OK might be different in the OK than in the
initial REGISTER.
This is not possible right now because you can only use save() on the
initial register, not on the successful reply.

If there are better ways to do this, I'm happy to learn.
I know there are many things I do not know.