[Kamailio-Users] failure route configuration

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Aug 25 15:44:47 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, sergejf wrote:
> The issue is that upon hitting a routing failure to a specific gateway in a
> domain, we do not want to try the next domain but instead the next gateway
> in the current domain, and so on until no gateway remains and we return a
> 503 message. This is a common way of handling failure routes in the
> Dispatcher but it doesn't seem that the CarrierRoute supports it.

Hi sergejf,

you can implement something like this with the carrierfailureroute table, but
its probably a little bit more work. Take a look at the example 1.47 in the
1.4.0 documentation.

Perhaps something similar to this will work even without duplicating to much
routing entries in the carrierfailureroute table. You can store the
destination in an AVP (see cr_route, dstavp parameter), and check before
doing the relay in the failure route that the "new" host is not equal the
old. If there are equal, try a new route attempt, and just bail out after a
few tries in the loop. Not sure if this work, not tested.

Of course its also possible to just change the code to achieve the wanted
behaviour. But if you don't need that much routing rules, perhaps the easiest
way is just using the dispatcher module.

Cheers,

Henning