[Kamailio-Users] Having Problem routing an ACK

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Aug 23 01:01:56 CEST 2008

El Viernes, 22 de Agosto de 2008, Stagg Shelton escribió:
>  From what I can tell from the wireshark packet captures, the Request-
> Line header in the ACK from the carrier is sip:TELNUMBER at MY_OPENSER_IPADDR
>
> I have compared these packets to similar traces from other carriers
> and the Request-Line header from the other carriers is
> sip:TELNUMBER at MY_PBX_IPADDR

An ACK for a 200 OK is a new transaction and a new request in-dialog), so the
RURI in ACK *MUST* be the "Contact" in the first INVITE from the PBX.

Note also, that if your OpenSer is doing loose routing (as it usually normal
and desirable) then the ACK MUST have a Route like:
  Route: <sip:ip_openser>

So the ACK MUST arrive to OpenSer because that Route header (that has
preference over the RURI), and not because the RURI contains the OpenSer IP.

> This new carrier is telling me that they are not doing anything wrong
> with the ACK.  RFC3261 seems specific about the construction of the
> ACK, but at the same time i am getting lost going to all of the other
> sections trying to identify details.

Please, paste a SIP trace of the problem. hopefully here we could confirm you
if the carrier behaviour is correct or not.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo