[Kamailio-Users] As a board member

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Aug 15 12:59:42 CEST 2008

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Granig wrote:
> David,
>
> And that's exactly the point. That's why the board is there to decide on
> such issues, in my opinion.

I say this is the biggest problem - in a normal democratic country, the
government reflects the will of all people from the country - it is
elected by them. When the people are not identifying anymore with the
government, they can simple elect a new one.
But this is what is missing in kamilio. Right now there is a board that
does not obey to the project (as community and developers) will.
> But... Bogdan refused to comply with this decision (for whatever
> reason),
For simple reason that the decision where what I call "decisions just
for the sake of taking a decision and not for solving the problem"
>  and now Adrian accuses Henning to enforce things and to abuse
> his board position (or at least that's what one can read from the
> mailing lists). So there's something really wrong with the board, i guess.

This is a right guess.

The board failed
    = to contain and solve any technical debates (like local_route)
    = to look after the project  - the trademark problems (and the
septemeber deadline) were known from March but nobody was so interested
in doing anything
    = to see the project interest - there were more discusses about how
to do use the project for the benefit of some businesses (like using the
project as the playground for advertising companies, rather than doing
work).

Bogdan