[Kamailio-Users] fr_inv_timer increased to 120 secs

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Aug 11 22:47:12 CEST 2008

El Lunes, 11 de Agosto de 2008, Kaeman Chris escribió:
> Hello,
>
> What are the problems in production that can be encountered if the
> fr_inv_timer is increased from 30-45 secs to 120 secs for a sip-sip call?
> Anyone have found any issues?

In fact, I recommend you to use a value greater then 100 seconds (at last).
fr_inv_timer is the time OpenSer keeps the transaction until it receives a
final response, but note A can call B and B rings for more than fr_inv_timer
before send a 200 OK. What will occur then? OpenSer will receive the 200 OK
and will drop it since transaction was already deleted.

So set always fr_inv_timer greater than 100 seconds. In fact, there is not any
issue if you set a value os 300 seconds (usually 99% of calls are not ringing
for more than 60 seconds).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo