[Kamailio-Users] free_fixup_function

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:53:52 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 08/08/08 03:33, Julien mangeard wrote:
> Nothing is unsafe.
>
> If you try to call a function exported by another module with Perl,
> Perl module refuses.
> The "free_fixup_function" mechanism is not implemented in the Perl module.
> But, this sentence suggests the contrary:
>  => new free fixup functions - making safer to use some functions
> exported by modules in embedded languages such as Perl
reading now seems to suggest that, what I meant that the support for
freeing fixup is there, basically some functions exported by modules can
be used dynamically from other modules. In the past, functions exported
to config couldn't be just imported unless the parameters after fixup
were known, exposing to issues while updating fixup function and fixup
parameter structure.

While this is not advisable as the module can actually export a C api,
the feature will help when the functions will be used in embedded
programs like perl or for a better clean up at shutdown.

> For the same reason, the Perl module documentation is not up to date.
> In the documentation, you can read this kind of example :
> > $m->moduleFunction("sl_send_reply", "500", "Internal Error");
> > $m->moduleFunction("xlog", "L_INFO", "foo");
> But with the 1.4 release, it doesn't work.
>

> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Alex Balashov
> <abalashov at evaristesys.com <mailto:abalashov at evaristesys.com>> wrote:
>
>     Makes me wonder what is inherently "unsafe" about it as well.
>
>     Julien mangeard wrote:
>
>         In the 1.4 release notes, I have read that:
>
>                    => new free fixup functions - making safer to use
>         some functions exported by modules in embedded languages such
>         as Perl
>

>         I don't find any reference to "free_fixup_function" in the
>         Perl module source code.
>

>         Are you sure that this feature works for Perl module?
>
>         Someone work on it?
>

>         Best Regards,
>
>         --
>         Julien Mangeard