[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] 1.4.0 release plans, project matters

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Aug 6 10:37:07 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Miles Scruggs wrote:
> [..]
> Henning, I would ask you to review your conduct as of late, simple
> trivial things like removing bogdans admin access screams of something
> driven by emotion, and not a decision based on logic or facts. That
> and many little things (nothing that would by itself would be a case)
> that I have seen over the last few months on the lists (mostly devel
> list) lead me to question your ability to lead/motivate/empower. I
> have seen public finger pointing, redirecting, mandating, and much of
> this is the way it is going to be and I don't care what you think.
> There is a certain level of tact that seems to be missing (I know I
> miss it, and as such this email is devoid of any tact, but then I
> recognize what positions I best serve)
> [..]

Hi Miles,

i've tried hard to stay neutral in this local_route matter, but at some point
i get really tired of this whole war, and just wanted this to stop. I thought
that endless fighting are in the end more harmfull then having a decision.

And with the actual issue, the fork.. Well, if one lead developer does a fork,
i find it justified to remove admin/ root access from certain resources. I
think this fork damages both projects a lot, and was not a nice thing to do.
It also misses a certain level of tact. If Bogdan declares that he still want
to support the kamailio project, then this will be restored imediatly. I also
discussed this with Daniel before the change, so it was not done solely from
myself.

Of course there is a certain ammount of imformation you're not aware of, and
this whole fork also not leave me cold, as i/ we depend a lot on OpenSER.
Sure, i make errors, every day. Show me one who could say he works flawless.
All i can do is try, learn from my errors and improve.

Thanks for the reminder,

Henning