[Kamailio-Users] [Kamailio-Devel] 1.4.0 release plans, project matters

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Aug 5 08:13:34 CEST 2008

Alex Balashov writes:

 > I don't, of course, have any sort of inside perspective as I am not
 > involved in development, so I can't presume to judge the merits or
 > veracity of the various justifications given for this adventure.  Apart
 > from Bogdan-Andrei's brief treatment of the subject, explanations
 > haven't been particularly forthcoming to the community;  this seems to
 > be a back-room affair that is still playing out.

alex,

i am kamailio developer and member of kamailio board and i have not
heard of any plans of opensips fork before yesterday.  bogdan, who was
the initiator of OpenSER project, has not given any "back-room" hint
that he was working on a new fork.  sure he has had right to do so, but
i consider it very strange that he did not express his intentions
earlier, but prepared the new fork in secrecy.

now that we know that bogdan's interests are elsewhere, rest of OpenSER
(now Kamailio) developers can try to take over bodgan's interest areas.

-- juha