[Kamailio-Users] OpenSIPS project

Mik Cheez michael_bulk at wildgate.com
Tue Aug 5 01:39:42 CEST 2008

I don't mean to sound overly critical, especially since all the
developers and contributors have been so good to the community.  What I
don't like on the Kamailio side is that I simply can't remember the
name; not one I run into in my daily life, and I doubt I'm alone on
that.  Just last week a group of ex Google engineers released an
alternative to Google named "Cuil" (pronounced 'cool').  While that name
is also rather hideous, it's memorable.  As for OpenSIPS, won't this
same exact scenario play out in the near future, where the name has to
be free of trademarks?  And if it is free of trademarks, why not just
use that name?

Just my 2¢

Mik