[Kamailio-Users] OpenSIPS project

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Aug 4 14:07:43 CEST 2008

OK. I am packaging the OpenSIPs 1.4.0 release for openSUSE as I type, so
hopefully it will be ready and on the mirrors by the end of the day.

If and when there is a Kamailio release I will probably package it as well.
Given that I am now going to have to maintain 3!! "SERlike" packages, I will
probably drop at least one of them as soon as I see which way the wind is
blowing..

Due to the trademark issue I have disabled the OpenSER packages from being
published and will remove them shortly.

Regards

Peter

On Mon 04 Aug 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> OpenSER (as started by Voice System) goes away due some trademark
> issues  regarding the name (see the web site).
>
> The OpenSER project renamed as Kamailio.
>
> OpenSIPS is a new project started by Voice System as the current
> OpenSER/Kamailio is not able to provide for us an environment for a
> quality and progressive work.
>
> Shortly,
>
>           /->  Kamailio
> OpenSER -
>           \->  OpenSIPS
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> > 2008/8/4 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:
> >> Hello everybody,
> >>
> >> A new project - OpenSIPs (Open SIP Server) - became active today, with
> >> its first release (OpenSIPS 1.4.0).
> >
> > I'm a bit of confused - OpenSER, Kamailio, OpenSIPs... Could someone,
> > please, summarize differences between OpenSIPs and Kamailio -
> > features/developer teams/project goals/etc.

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/