[Serusers] how can we setup ser to route invite packet?

Victor Pascual Ávila victor.pascual.avila at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 13:09:35 CEST 2008

Hi Jun Yin,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:00 PM,  <serusers-request at lists.iptel.org> wrote:
>  Message: 1
>  Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:09:36 -0700
>  From: "Jun Yin" <hansyin at gmail.com>
>  Subject: [Serusers] how can we setup ser to route invite packet?
>  To: serusers at lists.iptel.org
>
>  Hi,
>  My enviroment is like this: phone1---proxy1-----proxy2-----phone2.
>  phone1 register to proxy1, and phone2 register to proxy2, now I initiate
>  call from phone1 to phone2, I noticed that phone1 just resolved proxy2's
>  domain by itself and send invite to proxy2 directly, everything works fine.
>  My question is : How can I force phone1 to send invite to proxy1 and then
>  let proxy1 to route that invite packet to proxy2?  Actually, I hope all
>  packet between phone1 and phone2 can go through proxy1 and proxy2, include
>  RTP. This behaviour was determined by phone's configuration or proxy's
>  configuration?

-Signaling can be forced to go through the proxy, but not the media.
If you want non-end-to-end media, use a media proxy.
-Have a look at SIP trapezoid [1] [2] and decide what you want to go
through the proxy (via, R, RR) and what end-to-end
-Check your UAs' (i.e. phone) outbound proxy configuration.

[1] RFC 3261, Section 16.12.1.1
[2] http://www.iptel.org/sip_trapezoid

My two cents,
--