[Serusers] select for canonical username (alias)?

Martin Hoffmann hn at nvnc.de
Wed Apr 9 23:21:21 CEST 2008

Stefan Sayer wrote:

> is there a select to get the canonical username? or is 'canonical
> username' now a deprecated concept?
>
> I know there is the uid, but the problem is, with 36 characters uid is
> too long for my purpose (user id for voicebox).

Aren't you free to use whatever you like as a uid? Depending on context,
I would probably use the customer ID or the canonical phone number for
it.

If in doubt, you can always define an attribute that stores whatever ID
you want for your voicebox.

Regards,
Martin,
who doesn't really like the idea that attributes need to be defined in
some table somewhere for the serctl tools to add them. But one can, of
course, always write directly to the database.