[Serusers] SER 0.9.7-pre3 and DNS SRV

Steven C. Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 9 17:03:28 CEST 2008

I have a SER 0.9.7-pre3 system which is working fine except for call transfers.  It turns out that when the NOTIFY is sent after the REFER method the proxy performs a queried for only A records not SRV. This results in an IP address being returned which is a non-SIP host. This is because the domain name is being used by different services some of which use A records for resolving the name and some, like SIP, are suppose to use SRV. How can I make this version of SER perform an SRV lookup instead of an A record lookup when initiating SIP messages?

Thanks, Steve