[Serusers] SER and ptime ?

Mike Trest - Personal Mike at Trest.COM
Thu Apr 3 16:09:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have registering phones (Linksys) that use g711  or  g729.  I have
a media question
in a situation when I attempt to do pure-proxy without media gateway
or proxy.  Because
these user are always messing with their adapter settings, I have
variable call setup
when I forward certain destinaitons because of ptime miss-match between Linksys
and destination.

Is it possible to accpet / reject  / revise the inbound call when the "ptime"
is not specifically 20ms  or  30ms  (or any specific value) before
t_relay on to destination?

I see the ptime value in SDP but before I embark on journey trying to "manage"
call setup based on that, I want to know if others are working with
this issue.

..mike..