[OpenSER-Users] presence module dialog handling

Sigrid Thijs sigrid.thijs at androme.com
Wed Apr 30 09:41:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

Anca Vamanu wrote:
> Hi Sigrid,
>
> Thank you for your report. Dialogs were removed from cache, but not from
> database. And since you are probably running presence in a fallback to
> db mode, the dialogs were still found there.
> I have made a commit that should fix this problem. Could you please take
> the 'presence' module from the 1.3 svn branch and test again?

The fallback2db option was indeed set to 1 for the presence module, I
thought it was necessary because OpenXCAP also accesses the database. I
set the presence(_xml) configuration options based on the OpenSER
configuration example from OpenXCAP
(http://www.openxcap.org/wiki/Installation).

When I disabled the fallback2db mode, the issue still occurred. We have
now updated the presence module, and this solved it. Thanks.

But now we noticed another problem. When the subscription handling is
set to "polite-block", a NOTIFY should be sent containing a presence
document that indicates that the presentity is unavailable. But the
presence module sends a NOTIFY containing a presence description with
the current presence state of the presentity. So there's no difference
between setting the subscription handling to "allow" and "polite-block".

kind regards,

Sigrid