[OpenSER-Users] Avoid Loops between Openser and Asterisk

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Sat Apr 12 10:05:18 CEST 2008

On Apr 12, 2008, at 1:59 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Ok ok, I understand what you mean. But that is just useful for
> redirection to voicemail and so.
> For example, imagine you have Asterisk as PSTN gateway. Imagine
> Asterisk receives a call from PSTN and routes it to OpenSer, and
> OpenSer destination user has a redirection to a mobile number. Then
> OpenSer would route the invite back to Asterisk who will detect a loop
> (an spiral in fact, but Asterisk is buggy here).

What we've been doing for the last 4 years in this is that OpenSER
never, ever replies back to Asterisk with the same INVITE message.
Asterisk has all the redirection intelligence. When OpenSER detects
that a user is offline it replies with some 4xx error message,
Asterisk detects that, goes "ooh, user is offline, let's see what i
have to do in this case" and does it's thing. Unfortunately we've
never had the opportunity to handle the cases where the users UA or
OpenSER replies back with a 3xx type message to tell Asterisk where to
redirect to. That might have something to do with us being a little
strange though.

--
Andreas Sikkema