[OpenSER-Users] downgrading or removing openser

Miles Scruggs miles.scruggs at wideideas.com
Tue Apr 8 23:09:37 CEST 2008

Robert,

You are correct like most unpackaged software the manage of the
binaries, modules and all files are left up to the sysadmin.  For the
most part a recompile with a new make;make install should fix all your
needs, yes there maybe some leftover files from 1.2, but they won't be
loaded into your new build assuming you are starting with a fresh
config or at least one that doesn't try to load 1.2 modules.
Alternatively you could just locallize everything to a specific
directory which makes times like these simple  with a:

--prefix=  option at configure time.

Cheers

Miles Scruggs
Wide Ideas | Operations | miles.scruggs at wideideas.com | 509.525.6522