[OpenSER-Users] Problems with SIMPLE-XMPP presence

Pablo Guijarro Enríquez pge at moviquity.com
Tue Apr 8 13:43:58 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I have some problems to get presence information exchanged between SIP users
and xmpp ones. SIP clients (X-Lite) depend on an openser server v1.3.1, with
all necessary modules working within it, and xmpp clients (Psi) rely on an
xmpp server (ejabberd) which is in the same machine.

The link between both sip and xmpp servers is established when openser
starts, and the exchange of instant messages between sip and xmpp users
works fine. So does presence too, as long as there are only sip users or
only xmpp users involved, but it does not work between the two “worlds” in
any direction. Moreover, I do not see any packet being exchanged between the
sip and the xmpp servers when a user from one domain subscribe to one from
the other, or when they change their status.

I don’t know what the problem can be. No errors appear in the log and I
thought adding xmpp presence to openser would be straightforward once the IM
was already working.

Openser config file and part of the log file (the subscription to an xmpp
user) are attached. Hope someone can give me some clue.

Thanks in advance!

Paul