[Serusers] Monitoring/logging SIP packets

ram talk2ram at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:29:34 CEST 2007

On 9/21/07, Jan Andres <jan.andres at freenet-ag.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 04:26:44PM +0530, ram wrote:
> > hi is this possible to log to other server
> >
> > because of load, when you are doing more than 10,000users
> > the load become very large, how can i make this to other server
> > only logging, any suggestions
>
> I wouldn't say that 10k users is really a high-load situation. :-)
> However, what you're asking for is possible. Maybe the layer-2 switch to
> which your server is connected allows to configure a "mirror port", i.e.
> a port that will receive a copy of all packets going into and out of the
> SER machine. Then you can connect the logging machine to the mirror
> port.
>
> Alternatively, you can use a wiretap, i.e. a device which is inserted
> into the cable between the SER machine and the switch, and provides
> equivalent functionality to a mirror port. Such devices are commercially
> available.

Hi

thanks i found out that this solution works
i was also discussing with Linux and Switch Group on the same Issue
some one recomended the same.

let me impliment this and get back

can some one suggest me, is there any tool i can make this logs in to GUI
based reports
readily available me to look at some reports kind.

ram