[Serusers] Mediaproxy in public IP e two client behind same Nat

pistara_bros at tin.it pistara_bros at tin.it
Thu Sep 20 11:36:57 CEST 2007

Hi,
I want add others information about my test, providing also the log
of MediaProxy WEB GUI.
Windows Client used : X-Lite Version 3.0 build
29712
First scenarious : Client_A and Client_B running on Windows XP in
the same LAN behind same NAT.
Client_A call Client_B and During the
conversation MediaProxy WEB GUI (http://smile.ing.uniroma1.
it/serweb/mediaproxy/) show me following dump:

Call                                | Caller  |Called |Via
address                |status  |Duration|....
------------------------------|----------------
|---------------------------|-------------------|

F:j2me at 151.
100.122.144 |    -      |  -     |151.100.122.144:60012|inactive|
0'59''   |....
To:enzo at 151.100.122.144|    -     |  -
|                                  |           |           |

And after
60 seconds the session expired and MediaProxy WEB GUI don't show it.

Result: the RTP packet dont' pass through the Mediaproxy, but the
packet go directly from one computer to another of my Lan.

Second
scenarious:
Windows Client used : X-Lite Version 3.0 build 29712
Linux
Client used : X-Lite Version 2.0 build 1105d
Client_A runnning on
WindowsXP and Client_B running on Linux Fedora in the same LAN behind
same NAT.
Client_A call Client_B and During the conversation MediaProxy
WEB GUI (http://smile.ing.uniroma1.it/serweb/mediaproxy/) show me
following dump:

Call                                  |
Caller                        |Called
--------------------------------|--------------------------
|---------------------------
F:j2me at 151.100.122.144    | 85.39.206.210:
62969 |85.39.206.210:62947
To: enzo at 151.100.122.144
|                                 |

|Via address
|status  |Duration|....
|151.100.122.144:60010  |active   | 1'25''

Result: the RTP packet pass through the Mediaproxy, that acts
as "man in the middle" anf forward RTP packet
versus clients of my
Lan.

Why MediaProxy, in  windowz -> windowz client communications
doesn't work?????

Orazio

>Hi to All,
>I'm investigating again about
Mediaproxy and SER , but in
>this test i'm using the
>the testbed of
smile.ing.uniroma1.it whic use
>SER and Mediaproxy in a public ip
151.100.122.144
>I'm using Client_A (X-
>lite) running on WindowsXP
192.168.123.10
>and Client_B (X-lite) running
>on WindowsXP
192.168.123.168
>My Lan use a router with a public ip
>83.211.41.253
>So the clients are behind the same Nat.
>Using ethereal i
>see that
during the conversation the RTP packet dont' pass through the
>Mediaproxy in public ip (151.100.122.144) but the packet go directly
>from one computer to another of my Lan.

>So the question is :
>what
SER
>architecture (with Mediaproxy or with SEMS or other..) i have to
use in
>order to
>have a proxy RTP that work as man in the middle and
manage all