[Serusers] How to check the username if it is registered or not

Ravin Suri ravinsuri at doclinx.com
Thu Sep 13 07:45:22 CEST 2007

Hello,

I also want to do the same thing as Tung -- I want to know if the caller URI
is registered.

My current ser.cfg (based on the SER 2.0 RC1 sample ser.cfg), calls a
proxy_authenticate for every message.  This means the every message (other
than register) is sent twice, once without auth headers and a 2nd time with
auth headers.

An easier approach would be send the auth challenge during a register
message and simply check if the caller is registered in subsequent messages.
If the caller did not re-register within the expiration interval, their
request would be rejected.

Is there a method to check of the caller (from) URI is registered?

Thanks,

- Ravin

  _____