[OpenSER-Users] problem with 407 return code

tloginbr-openser at yahoo.com.br tloginbr-openser at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 27 13:32:26 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build one asterisk cluster using openser
to route calls to each machine. I followed a few
(many) guides and examples on internet but they simple
didn't work very well...

I'm using the dispatcher module with openser version
1.1.0-9etch1 (running on a debian 4.0).

I have two asterisk (trixbox) machines to do load
balancing and failover. I can register in my openser
machine with my softphone (twinkle). When I place a
call to one extension that exists in both asterisks
the call goes always to the second ip in the list.
Looking in the debug messages I found the following
part:

7(7905) DEBUG:tm:t_should_relay_response: T_code=100,
new_code=407
 7(7905) DEBUG:tm:t_pick_branch: picked branch 0, code
407
 7(7905) ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: no branch for
forwarding
 7(7905) ERROR:tm:w_t_relay: t_forward_nonack failed
 7(7905) DEBUG:tm:relay_reply: branch=0, save=0,
relay=0
 7(7905)  old size: 555, new size: 474
 7(7905) build_res_from_sip_res: copied size:
orig:124, new: 43, rest: 431 msg=
SIP/2.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required

in my understanding that would mean that I need a
password of some kind to relay this message to the
asterisk box. The funny part is that the call gets
completed and goes always to the same box, the second
one in the list. If I change the order of the IPs
inside my dispatcher.cfg file it starts to go to the
other asterisk, that is the 2nd in the list now. After
a lot reading in the debug messages and writing some
log messages I found out that the invite request is
always going down to the failure route. I think that
this is because of the call to t_on_failure("1");
inside my if ( method=="INVITE" ) in the main route,
that triggers when the code 407 comes from the
password reply... thats just one idea.

If there is better way to do this (load balance and
failover), please tell me, because I'm pretty new to
openser, just trying to make it work for the first
time here.

my openser.cfg has the following lines on it:

loadmodule "/usr/lib/openser/modules/dispatcher.so"

modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 5)
modparam("dispatcher", "flags", 2)
modparam("dispatcher", "list_file",
"/etc/openser/dispatcher.cfg")

if ( method=="INVITE" ) {
		#dst_select( "GROUP", "HASH METHOD")
		ds_select_domain("1","4");
		t_on_failure("1");
		sl_send_reply("100","Trying");
		t_relay();
		exit();
		}

failure_route[1] {
        if(is_method("INVITE")) {
        ds_next_domain();
        t_on_failure("1"); #if the next domain fails
too
        t_relay();
      };
}

the rest of the file I didn't mess around with it, so
its just the default settings.

Thanks for any help,

Thiago

      Flickr agora em português. Você clica, todo mundo vê.
http://www.flickr.com.br/