[OpenSER-Users] How do I detect INVITE loop

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbeyond.nl
Mon Sep 24 13:32:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

Is there a way for an OpenSER instance to detect
if an incoming INVITE message has earlier been
processed by itself? Record-Route is on, so there
should be a Route message, but I suppose the Via
headers could also contain the information.

If it is detected I'd want OpenSER to ignore the
incoming message, I suppose I could do nothing
(no lookups etc.), but is there a better way?

This is an issue because of the way we handle UA's
registering at instance A and UA's registered at
instance B wanting to call UA's at A. Due to race
conditions with registrations going from A to B
there are possible looping scenario's.

--
Andreas Sikkema