[OpenSER-Users] Any way to cache SRV record lookups?

Tim Madorma tmadorma at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:58:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have an application where I am using the OpenSER with an SRV record
lookup to load-balance towards several destination servers. When
testing, I noticed that even if I have nscd caching turned on by
setting:

enable-cache            hosts           yes

in my nscd.conf file, it still sends out a DNS SRV query for each call
that is made (note that for A record lookups it does use the local
nscd cache instead of doing a DNS query).

I am running my host on Solaris. Is there any way to get nscd to cache
SRV records? If not is there another alternative that I can use?

thanks,
Tim