[OpenSER-Users] mediaproxy work for muti domains

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Sep 18 20:55:19 CEST 2007

El Martes, 18 de Septiembre de 2007, liu york escribió:
> Dear all
> on my mind,mediaproxy can work for muti sip domains,
> like it's feature list——
> -Ability to have different proxies for different SIP domains
> - Ability to use multiple proxy servers per SIP domain

Are you really sure that it's a good idea to use different proxies for
different SIP domains?

Imagine domain1 use mediaproxy1 and domain2 use mediaproxy2.
What about if a NAT user of domain1 calls to a NAT user of domain2?

What about if an external user calls to domain1 user? then it's logical to
decide to use mediaproxy1 for **incoming** calls to domain1, but...
What about if a NAT user of domain1 calls to any external SIP account using
your SIP proxy (domain1, domain2...) as outbound proxy? wouldn't your proxy
solve NAT problem in that case? but note that if it solves NAT by using
mediaproxy1, then mediaproxy1 would be used for **outgoing** calls from
domain1 users, so...

What I mean is that it's not obviuos which policy is the correct one for using
different mediaproxy for each domain. In fact I believe there is not a
solution.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo