[OpenSER-Users] snmpstats agent failing to connect to master agent

Jeffrey Magder jmagder at somanetworks.com
Tue Sep 18 16:41:12 CEST 2007

Well I'm glad it works now, but I'm not sure why it does. :P

Just for fun, could you run two tests without the
snmpstats.conf file?  I'd like to find out if the master
agent is listening on a port other than what's been
specified on the command line with the -x parameter.
That might explain why it works only without the
snmpstats.conf file.

1) Can you run a tcpdump on port 705 (and only port 705) and
   let me know if there is traffic between the master agent
   and the subagent?

2) Can you try loading up the snmpd agent with the -x but
   nothing else following, and let me know if the SNMPStats
   module is still able to communicate with the master agent,
   when the snmpstats.conf file isn't there?

- Jeffrey Magder