[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER with MySQL Cluster

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Tue Sep 18 15:14:04 CEST 2007

Vasile Zaharia wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> Normally, OpenSER should work just fine with a MySQL Cluster, but
> I would like to know if anyone has tried this configuration yet.
>
> Are there any configuration settings I should be aware of?

As Brad mentioned, OpenSER works fine with MySQL Cluster. We are using a
two node mysql cluster with our two redundant openser proxies, which
provides us with a geo-redundant SIP signaling core.

If you are interested in proxy failover, you may want to consider using
usrloc's 'DB only' mode:

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 3)

This mode ensures that all SIP registrations are directly written to the
'location' mysql table, without being buffered in a memory cache. Since
mysql cluster uses in-memory databases, performance is pretty good even
with db_mode 3, at least if you run a cluster data node on the same host
as openser.

/Christian