[OpenSER-Users] help with outbound proxy

Dawid Jarosławski dawidj at wdm.pl
Fri Sep 14 14:18:46 CEST 2007

> El Thursday 13 September 2007 18:19:41 Dawid Jarosławski escribió:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to make outbound proxy for my network using OpenSER.
>> Currently I've configured OpenSER as sip registrar/rtpproxy and it works
>> fine even with NAT traversal. The problem is that I don't how shuould I
>> reconfigure my config to make it work as outbound proxy. I've tried many
>> changes with no results. The first problem is how to correctly handle
>> the register method. My config is based on:
>> http://siprouter.onsip.org/doc/gettingstarted/ch08s02.html
>>
>> Can anyone help me?
>>

> Don't know exactly your problems, but for an Outbound proxy just deny REGISTER
> if the URI is not local (or maybe not in your case), and ask ALWAYS for
> authentication for INVITE, MESSAGE and other messages if the URI is not
> local, so just your local uses can use the proxy as outbound proxy (if not it
> would be an open-relay).
>
> About the REGISTER, I just can't imagine a case when a REGISTER goes via
> outbound proxy. ¿?

I think that I've made mistake naming my scenario as OB proxy. Here's
how it looks like:
UA (private IP) <-> NAT (public IP-1) <--> (public IP-2) SIP/RTP proxy
(public IP-2) <--> (public IP-3) SIP Reg / Gateway
The other scenario is to set my proxy behind NAT with UA and then it
would look like:
UA (private IP) <-> (private IP) SIP/RTP proxy (public IP-1) <-->
(public IP-2) SIP Reg / Gateway

UA's  are configured to register at third party SIP Reg (VoIP service
provider) and they are also configured to use my proxy as OB proxy. What
I wan't to achieve is to close SIP / RTP traffic (using my proxy) if it
is local and relay it to third party gateway if it is external.

Regards,
Dawid Jaroslawski