[OpenSER-Users] Problem in REGISTER with "Route" (I don't want to use "alias" in conf file)

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Sep 13 15:37:39 CEST 2007

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > > A developer of WengoPhone said me that this "Route" header is not
 > > necessary but still valid, and that I can solve it by adding:
 > >
 > >   alias=sip.domain.org
 > >
 > > But I don't want to write in conf file for each new added domain,
 > > and I don't want to restart OpenSer when it.

i thought that route header includes list of proxies that the request
should visit, not domains the request should visit:

20.34 Route
The Route header field is used to force routing for a request through
the listed set of proxies. Examples of the use of the Route header field
are in Section 16.12.1.

Example:

Route: <sip:bigbox3.site3.atlanta.com;lr>,<sip:server10.biloxi.com;lr>

so there should be no need to add aliases for each domain your proxy is
serving (unless you want your proxy to have a separate hostname for each
of its domains).

-- juha