[OpenSER-Users] CANCEL generated by openser after SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK

Jan ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Wed Sep 12 12:49:11 CEST 2007

Thanks for answer.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:22:08AM +0200, I?aki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Wednesday 12 September 2007 11:01:59 Jan ONDREJ (SAL) escribió:
> > Any idea, why openser can generate this packet? Can openser generate a
> > SIP packet not received from client?
>
> Yes, of course, in many cases:
>
> For example:
>
>   modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 45)

It's by default 120 seconds (i have no change in my config).

>   modparam("tm", "noisy_ctimer", 1)

It's by default 0 (turned off).

> This will force OpenSer to create a CANCEL and a "not responding" when a
> INVITE expires 45 seconds.

As you can see from my wireshark log, my "CANCEL" is created imediatelly
after "SDP" packet is received. There is an .001566 seconds delay
(less than 2 ms).

> Other example is the pua modules which creates NOTIFY, PUBLISH...

I have no pua module loaded.

> > Calling from my phone to another phone on same university works well.
>
> Maybe a question of timer as in my example?

And think a timer set to less than 2ms is a very bad idea. And some response
times can be different for more calls. After aprox. 10 calls to a working
number and 20 calls to a non working number it is still same.

		SAL