[OpenSER-Users] mi_xmlrpc compilation issues

Kriti Wadhwa kriti.wadhwa at tcs.com
Wed Sep 5 12:40:21 CEST 2007

Hi Purna,

Even I was stuck with the same issue(s) few days back. I am working on PC
Linux.
Somehow I managed to resolve all but one dependencies... Giving a few
pointers, may help:

-> Install all xmlrpc libraries mentioned in README/INSTALL files through
source instead of rpm.
-> If you get stuck in compilation of libraries, you may get patches on
Koders site.
-> Remove all older versions of Openser code before you start with the
latest one.
-> In src/modules/mi_xml/Makefile include all dependent libraries that
this module needs to get compiled. Please refer to the one I used, it may
help. You may check the      dependencies of libwww library and include
the same from /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib.

Makefile:

# WARNING: do not run this directly, it should be run by the master
Makefile

include ../../Makefile.defs
auto_gen=
NAME=mi_xmlrpc.so
LIBS=

DEFS+=-I$(LOCALBASE)/include -I$(LOCALBASE)/include/xmlrpc-c \
                -I$(SYSBASE)/include/xmlrpc-c
LIBS+=-L$(SYSBASE)/lib -L$(SYSBASE)/local/lib  -L$(LOCALBASE)/lib
-L$(LOCALBASE)/local/lib -lxmlrpc -lxmlrpc_xmlparse \
                -lxmlrpc_xmltok -lxmlrpc_abyss -lxmlrpc_abyss_server \
                -lxmlrpc_client -lwwwinit -lwwwstream -lwwwxml -lxmltok
-lxmlparse \
                -lwwwutils -lpics -lwwwapp -lwwwcache -lwwwcore -lwwwdir
-lwwwfile \
                -lwwwftp -lwwwgopher -lwwwhtml -lwwwhttp -lwwwmime
-lwwwmux \
                -lwwwnews -lwwwtelnet -lwwwtrans

include ../../Makefile.modules

Hope this might help.

Regards,
- Kriti
mailto: kriti.wadhwa at cs.com

"Purna Chandar M" <cmongusagusa at gmail.com>
Sent by: users-bounces at openser.org
09/05/2007 06:47 AM

users at openser.org
cc

Subject
[OpenSER-Users] mi_xmlrpc compilation issues

Hi,
Im trying to compile mi_xmlrpc module in openser but could not succeed.
The following errors are displayed

mi_xmlrpc.c: In function 'xmlrpc_process':
mi_xmlrpc.c:161: error: 'xmlrpc_server_abyss_rpc2_handler' undeclared
(first use in this function)
mi_xmlrpc.c:161: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mi_xmlrpc.c:161: error: for each function it appears in.)
mi_xmlrpc.c:167: error: 'xmlrpc_server_abyss_default_handler' undeclared
(first use in this function)

Im using Suse 10.1; The libraries xmlrpc-c-0.9.10-36, libxml-1.8.17-385,
libxml2-devel-2.6.23-13, xmlrpc-c-devel-0.9.10-36 are properly installed.
Few discussions on the mailing list concluded that the module mi_xmlrpc
compiles well on Debian without any dependency issues. Is it true??

Can somebody tell me whether Im missing any dependencies?? Please let me
know how to successfully compile this module.

Thanks and regards,
Users mailing list
Users at openser.org

ForwardSourceID:NT0000CFFE