[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER with PostgreSQL

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Sep 3 09:27:35 CEST 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007, Cliff Flood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Ubuntu 6.06 install with PostgreSQL 8.1 and OpenSER 1.2.2
> which I am testing at the moment.
>
> I have tested OpenSER with MySQL and it worked fine but when when I want
> to switch to PostgreSQL I'm having some difficulty.
>
> I have used the postgressqldb.sh script to initialise the database and
> it has completed without error.
>
> When I start OpenSER I get the following lines in my PostgreSQL logs:
>
> LOG:  connection received: host=127.0.0.1 port=37610
> LOG:  connection authorized: user=openser database=openser
> LOG:  SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected
> LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
> LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

Hello Cliff,

you're using the SSL mode of the postgresql library, is this intentional? I
don't know if this is supported from OpenSER. Anyway, you've get an error
during the pgReadData call,
http://doxygen.postgresql.org/fe-secure_8c.html#a0df80706c485b6104f901dc11c34e88

> I have looked at OpenSER's logs with debugging turned on but I don't see
> anything that looks like an error but I would be happy to provide them.
>
> `openserctl moni` returns:
>
> ERROR: Error opening OpenSER's FIFO /tmp/openser_fifo
> ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
> "/tmp/openser_fifo")' in your config
> ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.

Does the server starts at all? Normally the fifo should work.
There is an error in the postgresql driver in 1.2.2 present that was fixed
after the release, have you applied this patch? You've find further
information about this in the thursday thread "openser 1.2.2 segmentation
fault".

Cheers,

Henning