[Serusers] load_attrs off a different table?

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Oct 25 02:30:35 CEST 2007

>> As AVPs are going out of style, is there, then a way to store attributes
>> in other locations and yet still use the basic functions with them?

Not sure what is meant by going out of style?

Anyhow, for custom-set schemes db_ops seems a good candidate for me as
it doesn't impact the codebase.

>> Our current SER 0.9.6 setup uses several tables to store important
>> information compartmentalised accordingly -- call return information,
>> aliases, etc.

aliases are actually in a separate table, uri, and are not folded in
attribtues.

>> As we migrate from one server to another (an ongoing, but slow process
>> for us), we're still trying to ensure no functionality is lost. We don't
>> use xml-rpc calls. We don't use the old command-line serctl calls. We
>> don't want to. We use straight db access from the web services for any
>> and all functions to change settings -- easier to manage the codebase
>> for.

Just curious -- how do you deal with cached data such as domain table?
(FYI: our "trick" is in ser-oob.cfg)

-jiri