[Serusers] load_attrs off a different table?

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Thu Oct 18 15:28:39 CEST 2007

I'm looking through the SER 2.0 documentation, and I'm trying to find
out more information about load_attrs.  Currently, I can't look at the
module search thing, so I'm not sure where this function comes from, and
there's no documentation about it. I know what it DOES.... but I'm
trying to find out if there's a way to use it to load attributes from
tables other than the usr_attrs table.

We like to have compartmentalised tables that are more logical in their
outlay, so we'd like to keep some attributes elsewhere. We're also
concerned that, with a LARGE number of users each with a LARGE number of
attributes and aliases and subattributes, etc, the performance will
degrade (MySQL doesn't do as well with enormous tables as it does with
smaller tables of data).

As AVPs are going out of style, is there, then a way to store attributes
in other locations and yet still use the basic functions with them?

Our current SER 0.9.6 setup uses several tables to store important
information compartmentalised accordingly -- call return information,
aliases, etc.

As we migrate from one server to another (an ongoing, but slow process
for us), we're still trying to ensure no functionality is lost. We don't
use xml-rpc calls. We don't use the old command-line serctl calls. We
don't want to. We use straight db access from the web services for any
and all functions to change settings -- easier to manage the codebase
for. With this in mind, everything we do is focused on a migration that
allows us to keep a logical relational database structure that is
accessed through native calls.